Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fahrenheit 451

Group Work!? Tell me about it! But this particular group, I call the “All-Star Group,” was not like any group I have ever worked with before. I guess it’s because we tried to make the presentation fun. Although we had many ideas for the way we wanted to present both the book and the movie of Fahrenheit 451, we were able to gather our thoughts and outline a production that worked. We all had different and similar views of the book and the movie and were able to agree to disagree at times, though rare was that occasion because our views were mostly similar.

As for the book and the movie, the many differences between the two enhanced my understanding of the purpose of a Film and Literature class. I found that the movie did not do the book any justice but the assignment was to show how the two compliment each other, and that was exactly what the All-Star group did.

What I found most interesting was the youtube video we found online. The mere idea of banning the very book that brought up the idea of banning books is so ironic, extremely ironic! I feel that these people failed to realize what Ray Bradbury was in fact trying to convey and only saw Bradbury’s strategy and style of writing. And another thing, I really do not believe that the father in the youtube video read the book, I think he scanned through the pages and just weeded out the profanities and anti-Christian slurs.

Overall, the book and the movie did in fact complement each other because it managed to heighten my understanding of Bradbury’s piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment